Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Give verbal instructions to guests on how to load and unload the lifts and be as friendly, helpful, and courteous as possible when doing so.
- Ensure safe operation of lift.
- Be alert at all times monitoring safety.
- Provide information to riders.
- Participate in ski lift evacuation training exercise and actual ski lift evacuations, if necessary.
- Maintain a clean workplace in lift shacks.
- Use proper technique for loading and unloading lifts and assist with special cases, such as children and handicapped guests.
- Check tickets of guests and maintain orderly crowd control in lift lines.
- Overall operation of the lift in which they are in charge.
- Completion of all required forms legibly and accurately such as the Daily Lift Log.
- Perform pre-operation check of the lift as well as the end of shift.
- Professionally resolve issues during shift and communicate to supervisor.
- Call for assistance as needed.
- Assist with picking up debris by lifts, buildings and slopes.
- Ensure break rotation schedule is timely.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time and resources.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Able to effectively use personal protective equipment (PPE) with use of equipment emitting loud noises, high pressure mechanicals and some hazardous materials.
- Able to work outside for extended periods of time in cold weather.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
- Minimum age requirement is 18.