You treat people and commitments with respect. You recognize the importance of gaining trust from others, working with integrity, and upholding the values of your team. You are cool as a cucumber under pressure and approach challenges with an open mind, always looking for a fair solution. Your peers and previous employers would attest to your strong work ethic and resourceful nature. You are self-motivated and enjoy working independently – that’s a big part of this position.
You listen to understand, and you enjoy sharing knowledge with those who are less experienced than you. The smile you bring to work will absolutely impact those around you, so you do your very best not to leave it at home. You have high aspirations and don’t want to be siloed on an internal IT staff; you see the bright future of the managed service model. You want to work someplace where people carry their weight, but also know how to have fun and be friendly.
Safety Net is an award-winning IT firm in our 15th year of business. We’re consistently growing, which means professional growth opportunity for our team members. Providing a highly skilled team to our clients is a core part of what we do. We believe that if we take great care of our staff, the staff will take great care of our clients. We know that customer satisfaction and job satisfaction are absolutely linked, so we make efforts to have fun in the office, make sure all staff members are equipped with great technology and have a comfortable work environment. We also have a “no jerks” hiring policy. To provide consistently great service to clients, we embrace process (Lean, ITIL, CRM, you name it), so if you like to go about your work all haphazardly, we’re probably not the best place to apply. If you do well being challenged, you should get in touch!
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
The Desktop Deployment Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure deployment of end user computers for Safety Net clients is done in a thorough and timely manner that leads to high client satisfaction. This position coordinates the work of peers and interns for machine prep and goes on-site to meet with clients and physically install equipment and train people on its use.
Critical Success Factors in this position:
- Customer service acumen, meticulous attention to detail, and strong desire to lead
- Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Workload management and coordination
- Client-facing deployment
- Desktop deployment preparation (as needed for coverage for peers)
- Computer rebuilds
- Support queue backup
- Special projects as assigned
- Proven interpersonal relations and professional communications skills
- Minimum one-year relevant experience working as a lab technician, support resource, or similar role
- Two-year degree or Bachelor’s degree desired, or equivalent experience
- CompTIA certifications are desired, but not required, with applicable work experience and/or college coursework
- Basic understanding of Client/Server networking principles
- Basic knowledge of CAT5 wiring
- Basic knowledge of wireless network security and wireless client configuration
- Entry level knowledge of Active Directory
- Ability to perform basic user account administration
- Troubleshooting fundamentals
- Ability to break problems down and use a logical process of elimination
- Firm understanding of desktop hardware
- Ability to follow complex, detailed instructions to accomplish more complex tasks
Extensive on-the-job training provided. Compensation is hourly wage and commensurate with experience. Position is eligible for a full benefits package including medical, prescription, dental and vision benefits, disability and basic life insurance, retirement plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, Shamrock Shakes, Hawaiian Shirt Day, a nice chair, and free pizza!
To apply, click here.